Pages

Wednesday 31 August 2016

Magic Box Poem

I will put into the box …
The sound of the pacific island drums banging in my ear
From the time of the sunset shining in my eyes
A whisper from the trees in my ear


I will put into the box …
The freezing hand of a bloody crown
A loud war scream from sacred tapa
For all the memories of my first steps


I will put into the box
All of my dreams that I have kept and all the nightmares that made me wept
For all the time that I am down
and a rugby trophy that I shall hold
For the time when I grow old



My box is fashioned from  tapa cloth and  adidas clothing with Pakuranga jaguars logo on the lid and rugby ball in the corners.


Its hinges are destroyed like the many souls that were lost in the great war

I shall share my box for centuries and treasure it.

0 comments:

Post a Comment